(5 to 7 years of experience)
Architectural Designers are involved on a project from concept through completion, working directly with Moshe Safdie, the firm’s Design Principals, and other designers to develop and execute design. In addition to an aptitude for design and problem-solving, candidates must be highly motivated and have the willingness and ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
The position requires experience in the production of concept, schematic, and design development documents for large-scale, programmatically complex public and private projects. Given the diversity of the firm’s projects, with regard to project type, scale, and geographic location, designers need to be extremely nimble and comfortable working within such diversity.
The firm relies heavily on the building of physical models, the use of advanced digital design software and techniques, rapid-prototyping, etc., and candidates must have demonstrated skills in these areas.
Aside from involvement on the architectural projects, designers will have the opportunity to work on research-driven efforts and assist with publications and exhibitions.
Knowledge and experience requirements:
- Professional degree in architecture
- Architectural license in process (preferred)
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills
- An investigative nature with good problem-solving skills
- Expertise in AutoCAD, Rhino, Adobe Suite, and various rendering software
- Strong working knowledge of REVIT and experience with BIM preferred
How to Apply »