Science + Technology
CO plans and designs physically inviting and functional spaces for instruction, experimentation, testing and fabrication that also meet the highest standards for sustainability.
CO Architects shares the dedication of those scientists and engineers who tackle the tough problems facing our world. The firm takes every opportunity to ensure that the laboratories that house future scientific and technological breakthroughs are designed with end-users in mind, and that each laboratory space stimulates collaboration and interconnectedness.
As CO Architects continues to win new commissions with prestigious healthcare, higher education, and research institutions, they are looking to add a Project Architect to their interdisciplinary and collaborative team. This position is an opportunity to engage in a significant role within an innovative and tech-forward practice.
Relevant Skills and Traits:
- Demonstrated knowledge of science, technology, and laboratory environments
- Strong design and graphic sensibility
- Adept at creative problem solving
- A vision to create greater cohesion between design, sustainability, and technical excellence
- Commitment to elevating client buildings and the spaces for those who inhabit them
- Good understanding of specialized laboratory environments, including lab planning and infrastructure and equipment
- Building codes and agency requirements
- Building systems and coordination of engineering consultant disciplines
- Working with contractors/trades in collaborative delivery
- Thorough understanding of Design and Documentation (drawings and specifications) of laboratory projects
- Ability to work in a collaborative and dynamic team environment
- Organized and capable of prioritizing tasks
- Engaging verbal and written communications
- 10 to 15 years’ experience within the planning, design, coordination, and documentation of Science & Technology projects and laboratories.
- Prior Science + Technology and laboratory experience.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in architecture required.
- Proficiency in Revit/BIM production required.
- Professional license within the State of California preferred.
- LEED certification preferred.
Salary + Benefits
$110,000 – 150,000
CO Architects is an equal opportunity employer and offers a full range of competitive benefits to employees including:
- Healthcare coverage
- 401K plan and profit sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical flexible spending account
- Participation in the firm’s performance-based bonus program
- Firm-sponsored education program to encourage professional training and development
Submit the following materials via email
- A dated letter of interest, briefly summarizing your background and experience, as well as your objectives in applying for this position. The cover letter or email should include your contact information, including email address.
- A clear, concise, and current resume with education and professional experience, as well as academic, civic, and professional activities related to leadership, science & technology, lab planning, higher education, and healthcare.
- Representative samples of your portfolio — no more than five projects — submitted in digital format. This should include the name of each project, your role on the project, and the firm for whom you worked.
- Additional information, such as links to your website, online portfolio, blog, LinkedIn, Instagram, Issuu, or other curated sites if applicable.
- Do not submit your full portfolio, references, or letters of recommendation until requested
- Label each document to include your name and date
- Any email attachments should be submitted as PDF, JPG, or PNG documents and will not be returned
- The maximum size of your attachments should be 10MB
- The Subject of your email should be CO_PA-LA
Information and photographs © CO Architects, 2023. All rights reserved.