Senior Project Architect
K-12, Healthcare, Science + Technology
CO Architects plans and designs physically inviting and functional spaces for instruction, experimentation, testing, and fabrication that also meet the highest standards for sustainability.
The firm is at its best when working on complex projects that require collaboration and diverse interaction to solve challenges in new ways. Being a part of CO Architects means being a part of a team.
As CO Architects continues to win new commissions with prestigious healthcare, K-12, higher education, and research institutions, they are looking to add a Senior Project Architect to their interdisciplinary and collaborative team.
The Senior Project Architect is responsible for leading multidisciplinary teams on all aspects of a variety of diverse projects — from the initial design and client interactions to documentation, production, and coordination with consultants.
Relevant Skills and Traits:
- Broad knowledge and established connections in San Diego’s AEC community
- Interest in practice growth, including office operations
- Experience in a variety of market sectors
- Ability to lead and mentor others in design, management, and technical execution
- Ability to organize and lead project meetings with clients
- Strong verbal, written, and graphic communications
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience within the design and construction industry
- Prior Higher Education, Science & Technology and institutional project experience preferred
- Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Architecture required
- Proficiency in Revit/BIM production required
- Professional license required, license within the State of California strongly preferred
- LEED certification preferred
Salary + Benefits
$130,000 – 150,000
CO Architects is an equal opportunity employer and offers a full range of competitive benefits to employees including:
- Healthcare coverage
- 401K plan and profit sharing
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical flexible spending account
- Participation in the firm’s performance-based bonus program
- Firm-sponsored education program to encourage professional training and development
Submit the following materials via email
- A dated letter of interest, briefly summarizing your background and experience, as well as your objectives in applying for this position. The cover letter or email should include your contact information, including email address.
- A clear, concise, and current resume with education and professional experience, as well as academic, civic, and professional activities related to leadership, science & technology, lab planning, higher education, and healthcare.
- Representative samples of your portfolio — no more than five projects — submitted in digital format. This should include the name of each project, your role on the project, and the firm for whom you worked.
- Additional information, such as links to your website, online portfolio, blog, LinkedIn, Instagram, Issuu, or other curated sites if applicable.
- Do not submit your full portfolio, references, or letters of recommendation until requested
- Label each document to include your name and date
- Any email attachments should be submitted as PDF, JPG, or PNG documents and will not be returned
- The maximum size of your attachments should be 10MB
- The Subject of your email should be CO_SPA-SD
Information and photographs © CO Architects, 2023. All rights reserved.